Many of you have been asking what can you eat when you fancy a treat, but you are off sugar. So I thought I would show you how to make these delicious raw chocolate truffles using natural plant proteins. This takes just 5 minutes to prepare with no cooking involved.
When to Eat Them: Anytime. You don't have to be a vegetarian to enjoy these. They are tasty. Make them and have one with a coffee in the morning for an instant protein punch. Great after the gym too.
So heres what you will need.
Kuhlua, Baileys (Optional)
1 x White of Egg
1 teaspoon of Maca
I use Nua Naturals for Hemp Protein, Cocoa Powder and Maca
If giving as a gift
Fancy Paper / gift wrap tissue
A nice box
1. Place 2 heaped Tables Spoons of Cocoa Powder and 2 heaped table spoons of Hemp protein into a bowl
2. Pour into this about 1 tables spoon of vanilla essence
3. Add the egg white
4. Add 3 cap fulls of Baileys, Kuhlua or preferred. Remove this to reduce sugar and add more vanilla, coffee , almond or chocolate extract to moisten.
5. Mix it until it comes a paste
6. Place a layer of coconut shavings on a clean chopping board or surface
7. Using a spoon take out a spoon full of the chocolate and roll into a ball in your hands ( wash hands before )
8. Roll the chocolate truffle into the coconut until it is covered nicely
9. Set in the fridge on a plate (if time allows) Voila! A delicious chocolate treat that is high in protein and low in sugar.
For Gift Ideas, roll into a little wrapping paper and present in a box for someone special!!!
Happy Valentines Day. xxxxxxxxxxxxx